BlackDiamond® is an engineered, wet-applied repair system that uses proprietary carbon fiber cloth combined with a two-part epoxy and a high-modulus filler material. It is a cost-effective, safety-enhancing alternative to welded sleeves, pipeline replacement, and repair clamps and is ideal for transmission pipeline integrity repairs on pipes of any diameter.
When properly engineered and installed, the high-strength carbon fiber composite assumes the stress of the pipe, extending the life of aging transmission and distribution lines. As the most tested carbon fiber composite repair system on the market, BlackDiamond® reinforces corrosion, dents, girth welds, wrinkle bends, crack-like defects, field bends, and more. Supplied in a kit, this system has been installed around the world on regulated transmission pipelines, distribution lines, and gathering lines.
System flexibility allows BlackDiamond® to be installed on bends, tees, and other fittings and to accommodate nearly any installation environment, including damp conditions. BlackDiamond® loses very little strength over time and can be designed to be stronger than the original pipe. It repairs pipelines ranging in operating temperature from -40°F to 180°F (-40°C to 82°C) with minimal disruption to operations, without hot work or heavy machinery. BlackDiamond® can be used as DOT and CSA Z662 compliant permanent repairs for integrity digs. It has been validated by third parties including the Pipeline Research Council International (PRCI), Gas Technology Institute (GTI), Stress Engineering, ADV Integrity, TUV NORD and TUV SUD. Engineered repairs follow ISO or ASME guidelines
- Available in multiple kit sizes for any diameter pipe or configuration
- Restores lines with up to 80% wall loss, mechanical damage, mill defects and axial flaws to maximum allowable operating pressure
- Excellent adhesion to virtually any substrate
- Simple marking band system makes repairs visible to in-line inspection tools.
- Compliant with ASME PCC-2 and ISO 24817
- DOT and CSA Z662 compliant permanent repairs for integrity digs
- Regulated pipelines
- Gathering lines
- Low clearance
- Damp conditions
- Transmission and distribution pipelines
- On pipes with operating temperatures ranging from -40°F to 180°F (-40°C to 82°C)
- Straight lengths of pipe
- Flanges, tees, buckles and mitered elbows
- Repairs Corrosion, dents, girth welds, wrinkles bends, crack-like defects, field bends, and more
- Eliminates unplanned down time
- Minimal creep ensures a long service life
- No hot work
- No special tools to install
- No environmental hazards
- No pipe cutting or welding