The AVT EZ Valve® 1.5" to 2" (40mm to 50mm) was specifically desigend to handle the small diameter water pipelines that are found in high-rise buildings, hospitals, factories, HVAC applications and most commercial buildings as well as refining and petrochemical plants.
The AVT EZ Valve® 1.5" to 2" is an inline insertion valve that can be installed on water lines and depending on the pipe material, installation takes anywhere from 45 minutes for our smaller valves to 3 hours for our larger range.
The valve uses an integral isolation gate, which when operated after the slot has been milled into the pipe, allows the EM machine to be removed and the resilient wedge installed. This process means the valve can be installed on a live line while the water is flowing. The resilient wedge needs to be lowered just 2/3 of the way into the pipe to commission the install meaning users have the choice of when to turn off their water.
The AVT EZ Valve® 1.5" to 2" installs on an active line, so there is no need to turn off the water flow. This means fixing a line is fast, with fewer disruptions to businesses and residents and less cost and risk for owners and operators.
Ranked among the industry’s most innovative solutions, the light and compact AVT EZ Valve is designed with a built-in isolation gate that allows the valve to be installed under pressure, a design feature that permits flow through the line while the repair is being made. It is durable, reliable, and certified to industry standards.
- Unique, patented technology
- Low profile design
- Ductile iron castings
- Integrated isolation valve
- Patented multichannel double-seal gaskets conform to irregular pipe geometries and sizes
- Sizes 1.5" to 2" (40mm to 50mm)
- Can be installed on all common pipe materials
- Installs at any angle
- Valve bonnet can be removed after a repair or remain in place as a permanent functioning valve
- Approved epoxy resin coated
- Stainless steel fasteners for secure positioning
- Rated at 100 PSI, (7 Bar)
- EZ Valve Components are WRAS Certified, meet AWWA C-509-01/C515-15 standards and UL Classified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components - Health Effects
- High-rise buildings
- Multiple occupancy buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Refining and petrochemical plants
- Commercial plumbing
- Water distribution
Benefits & Values
- No water shutoff required during installation
- No service interruption
- No fines for water shutoff
- No boil orders
- No customer notices
- No risk of plugging the line with a cut coupon
- No loss of pipe integrity
- Four times quicker to install than other valves on the market
- Enables one floor or area of a commercial or residential building to be isolated