The AVT EZ Valve® 16″ to 24″ (400mm to 600mm) is the most popular range of EZ Valves and ideal for use in a range of locations and applications such as municipal water networks, transmission and distribution lines, wastewater treatments plants, sewer force mains, refining and petrochemical plants and for ground storage tank isolation.
The AVT EZ Valve® 16″ to 24″ is an inline insertion valve that can be installed on water lines and depending on the pipe material, installation takes anywhere from 45 minutes for our smaller valves to 3 hours for our larger range.
Insertion valves use integrated isolation gates, which when operated after the slot has been milled into the pipe, allows the EM machine to be removed and the resilient wedge installed. This process means the valve can be installed on a live line while the water is flowing. The resilient wedge needs to be lowered just 2/3 of the way into the pipe to commission the install meaning users have the choice of when to turn off their water.
With the ability to be installed on an active line there is no need to turn off the water flow. This means using the AVT EZ Valve® 16″ to 24″ to fix a line is fast, with fewer disruptions to businesses and residents and less cost and risk for owners and operators.
Ranked among the industry’s most innovative solutions, the light and compact AVT EZ Valve is designed with a built-in isolation gate that allows the valve to be installed under pressure, a design feature that permits flow through the line while the repair is being made. It is durable, reliable, and certified to industry standards.
- Municipal water networks
- Transmission and distribution lines
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Sewer force main
- Refining and petrochemical plants
- Ground storage tank isolation
- Unique, patented technology
- Low profile design
- Ductile iron castings
- Integrated isolation valve
- Patented multichannel double-seal gaskets
conform to irregular pipe geometries and sizes
- Sizes 16-inch to 24-inch, (400mm to 600mm)
- Can be installed on all common pipe materials
- Customizable for special applications (sleeves to meet steel pipe ODs)
- Installs at any angle
- Valve bonnet can be removed after a repair or remain in place as a permanent functioning valve
- Approved epoxy resin coated
- Stainless steel fasteners for secure positioning
- Rated at 250 PSI, (17 Bar)
- EZ Valve Components are WRAS Certified, meet AWWA C-509-01/C515-15 standards and UL Classified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- No water shutoff required during installation
- No service interruption
- No fines for water shutoff
- No boil orders
- No customer notices
- No risk of plugging the line with a cut coupon
- No loss of pipe integrity
- Four times quicker to install than other valves on the market
- Only one excavation required for water line repair