AVT EZ Valve® 3" (80mm) is an insertion valve that was specifically desigend to handle the size of pipes that can be found in municipal water networks, transmission and distribution lines, wastewater treatment plants, sewer force mains, refining and petrochemical plants and highrise buildings and, it is ideal for use in a range of applications such as commercial building floor isolation and ground storage tank isolation.
It can be installed on water lines and depending on the pipe material, installation takes anywhere from 45 minutes for our smaller valves including the AVT EZ Valve® 3" to 3 hours for our larger range.
An integrated isolation gate, which when operated after the slot has been milled into the pipe, allows the EM machine to be removed and the resilient wedge installed. This process means the valve can be installed on a live line while the water is flowing and once the resilient wedge is lowered just 2/3 of the way into the pipe, the valve is comissioned.
The insertion valve installs on an active line, so there is no need to turn off the water flow. This means fixing a line is fast, with fewer disruptions to businesses and residents and less cost and risk for owners and operators.
Ranked among the industry’s most innovative solutions, the light and compact AVT EZ Valve® is designed with a built-in isolation gate that allows the valve to be installed under pressure, a design feature that permits flow through the line while the repair is being made. It is durable, reliable, and certified to industry standards.
- Unique, patented technology
- Low profile design
- Ductile iron castings
- Integrated isolation valve
- Patented multichannel double-seal gaskets conform to irregular pipe geometries and sizes
- Sizes 3" (80mm)
- Can be installed on all common pipe materials
- Installs at any angle
- Valve bonnet can be removed after a repair or remain in place as a permanent functioning valve
- Approved Epozy Resin Coating
- Stainless steel fasteners for secure positioning
- Working pressure of 250 PSI, (17 Bar) – Tested Pressure to 500 PSI (34 Bar)
- EZ Valve Components are WRAS Certified, meet AWWA C-509-01/C515-15 standards and UL Classified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components - Health Effects
- Municipal water networks
- Transmission and distribution lines
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Sewer force main
- Refining and petrochemical plants
- Offshore applications
- Commercial buildings isolation
- High-rise buildings
- Multiple occupancy buildings
- Industrial process piping
- Ground storage tank isolation
Benefits and Values
- No water shutoff required during installation
- No service interruption
- No fines for water shutoff
- No boil orders
- No customer notices
- No risk of plugging the line with a cut coupon
- No loss of pipe integrity
- Four times quicker to install than other valves on the market
- Enables one floor or area of a commercial or residential building to be isolated