City of Papillion, Nebraska
- New control point required
- 24" AVT EZ Valve installed on a ductile iron pipe
- Team of four installers took eight hours to complete the installation
- No service interruption, which was 'priceless' to the customer
- City water supply safeguarded
- 20,000 residents had their water supply maintained during the install and when future maintenance and repair of their water supply is required
The City of Papillion in Nebraska is home to around 20,000 residents who receive their water from two large water towers. These towers are fed by a pump station with the original pipeline infrastructure dictating that both towers needed to be filled simultaneously.
With this configuration, when City engineers need to carry out repairs or maintenance on the towers, they are forced to shut down the entire water system meaning the town has just two hours until all water pressure is lost. The city needed to install a new control point on the system which would enable each tower to be independently isolated allowing the other tower to maintain the city’s water supply.
Lincoln Winwater, an infrastructure material supplier since 2007 and a certified installer of AVT EZ Valves from 4" to 24” with years of experience installing the valve, has worked with the City of Papillion in the past so when the company was contacted about the issue, they immediately knew the ideal solution.
After working with City engineers and explaining the merits and value of the AVT EZ Valve, the decision was green lit to install a 24” EZ Valve on the ductile iron pipe leading to the towers, adding the required additional control point. This would allow each tower to be filled and maintained separately.