Contour Apex™ is a custom-engineered and optimized composite system for high-pressure pipeline repairs. It employs a robust, bi-directional fiberglass with a specially formulated epoxy system to reinforce external corrosion and mechanical damage such as dents, wrinkle bends, and gouges on transmission and distribution lines.
Light-weight, corrosion-resistant Contour Apex helps keep critical pipelines in service during installation, fits to complex geometries, and installs over laminations and thin-wall pipelines where welding cannot succeed. Repairs are fast, restoring the pipe beyond its original strength.
- External corrosion and mechanical damage
- Distribution pipelines
- Transmission pipelines
- Extends the life of aging and corroding assets
- No pipe cutting or welding to in-service pipelines
- Prevents future external corrosion
- Can install on laminations and thin-wall pipe
- Does not mask future ILI inspection of repaired defect
- US CFR 192 (Gas) and 195 (Liquids)
- ASME B31 Standards
- ASME PCC-2
- CSA Z662
- ISO 24817
- API 570 and 653