DiamondWrap® Subsea, the premier carbon fiber wrap system for rehabilitating and restoring damaged, corroded and eroded underwater piping and risers, is engineered to restore submerged pipe to the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) and can be applied without interrupting production.
The system comprises three independently tested components to deliver the strongest available non-metallic repair on the market. Bi-directional, woven carbon-fiber materials provide reinforcement in the hoop and axial directions, while the epoxy primer ensures complete bonding and load transfer between the repair and the substrate. Polymeric epoxy resin, the binding force in the system, allows uniform loading thorough the wrap and can be applied to most substrates. A high-modulus filler also is used with the DiamondWrap® Subsea system on surfaces that have heavy pitting or irregular shapes. The structural system forms a creep resistant pipe around a pipe, and each successive wrap increases the pressure rating, delivering a repair that is stronger than steel.
Because of its wet lay-up and low profile, DiamondWrap® Subsea can be installed on tees, elbows and straight runs of pipe and is ideal for confined spaces and irregular surfaces that require structural reinforcement or leak containment.
- Supplied as a complete kit
- Quick and easy installation
- Excellent adhesion to virtually any substrate
- Strong chemical resistance
- Independently tested (university and international laboratory)
- Compliant to DOT regulations, ASME B31, .8, .4, G and PCC-2 Art 4.1, 4.2 and API 570 [Refer to API 570,
- Section 8.1.4 – Non-welding Repairs (On-Stream)]
- Restores pipe strength to MAOP
- Minimal creep ensures a long service life
- No VOCs
- Prevents future external corrosion
- Subsea pipelines, risers, and piping systems
- Straight lengths of pipe
- Elbows, tees, valves, fittings