Pipe Support mechanical protection system is ideal for terminals, plants, refineries, new pipeline construction, and any pipe support location. It provides effective protection at support or hanger locations and can be applied quickly and easily requiring no special tools or training.
As a derivative to the original Clock Spring product, the robust layers of the system create a sacrificial wear plate, eliminating both crevice and galvanic corrosion. Pipe Support accommodates both the weight of the pipe as well as abrasion from potential pipe movement. The external layer acts as an abrasion resistant surface that protects the inner layers from wear.
Pipe Support is a high-strength, corrosion resistant fiberglass composite sleeve, installed with a high performance adhesive and a filler material.
Continues to provide protection in applications where the pipe continues to be subject to movement, elongation, and other physical abuse.
- Prevents crevice corrosion and abrasion
- Thin profile allows for installation in areas of low clearance
- Reduces or eliminates atmospheric corrosion inspection requirements and intervals
- 360° pipe protection prevents moisture ingress
- Can be top-coated with UV resistant paint