The Syntho-Glass® XT system is a unique pre-saturated, bi-directional fiberglass composite for repairing and reinforcing internal and external corrosion on onshore and offshore pipelines and structures. The pre-saturated system ensures appropriate fiber-to-resin content ratios to deliver reliable performance in restoring pipeline integrity on lines with complex geometry.
- Factory-saturated fiber
- Available in sizes ranging from 2 inches (5 cm) to12 inches (30.5 cm) wide and in lengths ranging from 15 feet (4.6 m) to 90 feet (27.4 m)
- Full engineering consultation and support
- Design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31,ISO 24817, DOT, API and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions
- Factory saturation of moisture- cured polyurethane resin reduces composite field preparation time by more than 50%
- Factory saturation ensures the right fiber-to-resin ratio with constant strength and mechanical properties.
- Easy application in any conditions, including damp or sweating pipes and in submerged environments.
- No heating or post-curing
- Suitable for irregular shapes and geometries
- Can be used on lines of any diameter
- Transmission and distribution pipelines
- Oil and gas risers and subsea structures
- Girth welds on vessels and pipelines
- Elbows, tees, and flanges
- Process piping: chemicals, oil, gases, water, and steam
- Atmospheric corrosion