SnapWrap™ is a multi-layered system of high-strength, corrosion-resistant fiberglass that forms a composite split sleeve. Designed for repair and reinforcement in tight quarters, on pipe that is difficult to access, and on subsea pipe, it is installed with a high-performance adhesive and filler material and works best on pipe operating to <1,000 psi.
The split sleeves of SnapWrap can be applied quickly and easily even in challenging environments, such as underwater, in splash zones, and on pipe racks with limited clearance, and require no cutting, welding, or special tools.
This multi-layered high-strength, corrosion-resistant sleeve is coated internally with a high-performance adhesive and filler material combination designed to bond with the mother pipe. For underwater repairs, a diver can swim to the subsea pipe, place the prepared lightweight SnapWrap sleeve on the pipeline and secure it until it is properly cured for a durable repair. The diver can return to the surface for the next section and continue the process until the damaged pipe is completely restored.
- Tight access areas
- Process piping
- Subsea and onshore risers
- Low-pressure lines <1,000 psi
- Local distribution and terminal pipelines
- ASME B31G, B31.4 & B31.8
- ASME PCC-2 Art 4.1, 4.2
- API 570 Section 8.1.4
- Non-welding Repairs (On-Stream)
- SnapWrap™ eliminates unplanned down time
- Extends the life of aging and corroding assets
- Prevents future external corrosion
- No pipe cutting or welding
- No special tools to install
- No environmental hazards
- No hot work