In collaboration with Canusa-CPS, our exclusive distributor of ScarGuard®, our product is designed to protect field joint and mainline coatings from the mechanical stresses and scarring associated with horizontal directional drilling (HDD), thrust boring, direct pipe and micro-tunneling installation of pipelines.
ScarGuard® is a composite Abrasion Resistant Overcoat (ARO) comprised of fiberglass fabric and pre-impregnated flexible resin that is activated by water and cured within minutes. This sacrificial outer laminate system protects preapproved anticorrosion field joint coatings and mainline coatings such as FBE, liquid epoxies, shrink sleeves, and tapes. The ScarGuard® line of products minimizes the need for costly repairs after pull back, and provides robust protection of the underlying pipeline coating.
- Excellent abrasion resistance for protecting coated pipes subjected to trenchless pipeline installation
- Prevents gouging and coating damage
- ScarGuard® is high impact resistance
- Easily installed over field and factory applied coatings
- Pre-impregnated moisture cured polyurethane resin means - no field mixing or saturation required!
- Superior mechanical protection
- Eliminates the need to re-pull pipe
- Prevents gouging and coatingdamage
- Ensures future pipeline integrity
- Prevents future external corrosion
- No environmental hazards
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Thrust Boring
- Direct Pipe
- Trenchless Pipeline Construction
- Field Joints and Girth-Weld Joints
- Mainline Coating Protection
- Onshore and Offshore Pipelines